I have lump under my nipple. Do i have breasts cancer ?

i am a 13 year old male and have noticed a lump under my nipple which is tendor to touch...can it a cancer?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Apr 2011
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response

First things first - This is not cancer !

It is a normal phenomenon that happens in many boys around puberty, which is where you are now. The nodule under your nipple will feel more prominent and sometimes also be painful on touch. This is called gynecomastia - breast enlargement in the boy. This is normal and it will disappear in 95 % of the boys who develop them. They usually are present on one side, but maybe on both sides. So please do not be scared, i understand that it might be embarrasing, but a good inner vest will conceal it most of the time. if the pain increases, you could take a mild pain killer like paracetamol

Dr Antony Robert

Pediatric Surgeon

Columbia Asia Hospitals,

General & Family Physician Dr. Sapan J. Pandya's  Response
ICL is an Implantable Contact lens used in refractive surgery to correct myopia (short sight). The surgical procedure to implant the ICL is simple and painless.
As a ICL patient, your eye surgeon will prepare your eyes one to two weeks prior to the procedure by using a laser to create two very small openings in the colored part of your eye which lies between the lens and the front chamber of your eye. This allows for the natural passage of fluids between the two areas, thereby avoiding the build up of intraocular pressure following the treatment.
The implantation procedure itself takes about 15 minutes and is performed on an outpatient basis, though you will have to make arrangements for someone to drive you to and from the procedure.
You can expect to experience very little discomfort during the ICL implantation. You will undergo treatment while under a light topical or local anesthetic, perhaps with the addition of a mild sedative. Following surgery, you may use prescription eye drops or oral medication. The day after surgery, you will return to your surgeon for a follow-up visit. You will also have follow-up visits one month and six months following the procedure.