I have lower back pain with sciatica. Is gabapentin right medicine for me ?

Hi: I am 45 years old women. Since last 2 year I have a lower back pain ( herniated disc ) with sciatica . I took gabapentin for 1 yearand baclofen for 5 months. My leg pain is controlled, but the soreness in back is almost always there. Doctor has recommended epidural , nerve blocker, trigger point injection (with more in favour of trigger point injection). I have an appointment with chronic pain specialist coming after a long wait of a year. I want to know, what would be the best suitable for me esp what do you think about trigger point injection, its side effects if any and the after care.
Asked On : Wed, 15 Jun 2011