I have had a sensitive patch of skin on my labia majora, please suggest

I have had for 4 years now a sensitive patch of skin on my labia Majora . It is continuously there. It causes me discomfort during sex, general irritation and pain, and is sensitive to the touch. The area sometimes becomes darker depending on how inflamed in has become. I have been examined and tested for STD and STIs by gynaecological nurses on several occasions and have always been found negative (the most recent being 2 weeks ago ) and they have never suggest a reason for this sensitivity, nor have they ever commented on anything looking unusual in the area. I am not sexually promiscuous and am in a long term relationship. My partner is also free from any infections and diseases. Please could you suggest why I have this patch or what it may be. Is there anything they do not test for in standard screenings for STI s that they may have missed??? It causes me great worry.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Mar 2011