I have got severe cough for the past two weeks with nose blockage.

I have got severe cough for the past two weeks. What is the best medicine for this? Dad s a doctor .. he had given me cefixime 200mg for one week two tabs a day.. along with livocetrizine..There is no nose block now.. only cough with throat irritation.. I give company to people who smoke.. I have even stopped it now I just hang around with them. Its not a dry cough .. there is some flum coming is light yello / brown it gets worse when i lie down
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jan 2010