I have been experiencing thuds in my chest like a hiccup sort of speak from 14 months, should i be worried ?

hi there... for the past 14 month i have been experiencing thuds in my chest like a hiccup sort of speak but over the last 7 days these have come some intense it is really scary..i had to call an ambulance 6 days ago because these funny feeloings in my chest were happening every 10 seconds and still are to this day. when i arrived at the hospital they had the monitors on me for some 5 hours and picked up every irregular beat...i was told i am getting an extra beat from the bottom chamber of my heart but i was told not to worry about it...easy for them to say.. but anyhows i was sent home with no medication or nothing...i am really scared and need to know if what i am experiencing is dangerous .....i am really sick of my life at the is having a great effect on my life.....i am only this normal or will i have to have further follow ups....i was told that it is very common but most people dont feel what is happening but i am one of the ones that can feel i just unlucky...will i just have to put up with this untill they eventually go away or am i stuck with this for life and is it best i get used to it....please help
Asked On : Wed, 23 Mar 2011
Hi welcome to Healthcaremagic

Hi Diala..,The above signs and symptoms are suggestive of Ventricular Ectopics... This is caused due to ectopic impulse generated from the heart.., its seen in few patients , presents with palpitation., some times Breathless, .. you must get clinically evaluated and treated.. consult a cardiologist..
Hope I have answered your question..