I have been experiencing fecal Urgency. What could be the reason ?

Hello, I am a 70-year old male and had an appendectomy due to acute appendicitis a couple of years ago. I have been experiencing fecal urgency, such that I have to RUSH to the bathroom as soon as I get the urge to have a bowl movement. Is fecal urgency and/or bowl incontinence common after appendectomy? Also, I have recently been having less frequent bowl movements, I used to have them once a day, and for the last few months it s been every other day. What could this be about? I m wondering about effects of aging or Irritable Bowel Syndrome , or if it seems like it could be a more serious condition, such as Crohn s disease?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Apr 2011