I have a severe cramp during my periods. What does it indicates ?

Ever since my periods started at 15 I have suffered pain each month. Now I m 25 and the pain is worse than ever. The cramps are so bad that I have to take time off work each month for the first, and sometimes second, day. My periods are usually regular, but can sometimes come a week late or early - maybe once or twice a year. I don t really know if they are heavy but I have to use night towels all the time. My doctor basically tells me to deal with it, but it s ruining my life. The pain is now unbearable for at least the first day and no amount of brufen or other painkillers help. My doctor hasn t helped me in any way, but my sister - who has a different doctor - was diagnosed with cysts etc, and is infertile. Could my problems be caused by the same thing? What can I do to end this torture? Thank you. Edit: I should also have said that I vomit a lot during the period, have high temperature and get light headed a lot of the time. The flow also appears to be made up of large clots that I can actually feel coming out.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Feb 2011