I have a scrotal lump or cyst, on the right side of my scrotum

I have a a lump, or cyst, on the right side of my scrotum , separate from the testicle, for a while now, and it has never change size or caused me any discomfort. However recently, within the last few hours or so, the size has tripled and the cyst/lump has become hard and very painful. I have recently been screen for STDs and am clear, so I ve ruled that out, however I ve been reading online about testicular torsion and other things, but I can t determine which I might have. From the surface, I can t see any difference, but as I said I can feel it and feel the pain it causes. I ve also read a few entries about some men having been put on hold by a specialist for over three months with the pain being continous, so how would I know whether or not to go to the hospital for something like this, or wait and see if the pain goes down. Also, I m 24 and have had no serious groin injuries, nor any surgeries or procedures in or around the area.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Feb 2010