I have a deep lump in my Inner thigh

I have a deep lump ( not like a pimple, its in my thigh deep ) in my thigh up high like in my bikini area? Do I need to go see my doctor about this ?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Mar 2011
if you had discribed it more like its size, consistency, is it painfull, does the size decreases when you lye down... it would have helped. for now this lump may be a gland, hernia or even lipoma.

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. G.S.L.Gupta's  Response
you must see the surgeon who may be able to tell you whether it is benign or cancerous and whether it reguires biopsy or not.
hi welcome to HCM.that lump can be a femoral hernia or lipoma or any cancerous that swelling reduces on lying down?or is it increases during coughing or on any straining work? consult a surgeon...he wil help you out by testing it ok
  Anonymous's Response
I have the same problem but i can't seem to find an answer any where
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, lump on thigh as you mention the site of lump ,most probably due to eighter inguinal or femoral hernia. you should consult with surgeon. choice of treatment of such type of hernia is surgical correction. so consult with your doc n do as per advise.