I have a RVF problem aftr my vacuum delivery

hi, i have a rvf problem aftr my vacuum delivery 1 n half months ago,can you please suggest what next should be done?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Feb 2010
What kind of specialist should you see for this type of problem ( a colorectal or Obsetrician)?
  Anonymous's Response

RVF is a medical condition where there is a abnormal connection between the rectum and the vagina.Rectovaginal fistula may be extremely debilitating. If the opening between the rectum and vagina is wide it will allow both flatulence and feces to escape through the vagina, leading to fecal incontince. There is an association with recurrent urinary and vaginal infections. Most of the high RVFs are repaired by conventional open surgery. Laparoscopic repair of RVF is rare.