I had been on Lexapro(10 mg) for 2 years and quit, but my anxiety problem is relapsing. Is it okay for me to begin the medication again ?

Ok I am a 23 year old female with a history of anxiety since 2007. Well I got put on lexapro prescription 10 mgs in december 2008 i took it for 2 years and I have to say Lexapro worked really good for me I stopped having anxiety so my life was happy I wasnt scared to do anything anymore. The good thing also I didnt have side effects using Lexapro. I stopped taking Lexapro in March 2011 which is 4 months ago I didnt tamper off it I just stopped taking it because the doctor took me off. While I stopped taking it I had withdrawls which lasted a couple weeks. Well my anxiety has relasped quit a bit but last week it got worse to where I went to the E.R. Lastnight I went to the E.R and my husband told the doctor that my anxiety is relasping and how I have it all the time. I told the doctor how I dont take lexapro anymore and how long I been off it and the doctor told me that my anxiety is relapsing and prescribed me 10mgs of Lexapro because he said that it worked good for me from what I told him. So my 2 QUESTIONS for you Is It okay for me to take Lexapro again after being off it for 4 months? MY 2nd question is it bad that I didnt tamper off it before I stopped taking it. Remember my doctor took me off lexapro.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jul 2011