I got a dark brown blotchy period but my pregnancy test is negative. I am 18 years old

hi, im 18 and have had my period since i was 14 n they have never been late and i have never experienced any problems or cramping. this months period was two weeks late and i have been nauseous last week but earlier today i had dark brown blotchy period with a large clump in it. i have taken two pregnancy test and both said negative. i was hoping you could explain whats going on?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Mar 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
It is just that you are having a late period due to mild hormonal or psychological disturbance.Late period is always associated with a heavier flow associated with clots sometimes.There is nothing to worry. It is normal.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal