I feels like I am having a heart attack, please tell me is it true or false ?

GERD feels like I'm having a heart attack!! How do I know I'm not having a heart attack ? So, I ve been to the Emergency Room 3 times in the past month because I thought I was having a heart attack. I wasn t having a heart attack at all, each time my heart looked great. My blood pressure was great. What they say I have is GERD. I was taking Zantac for it, but the doctor told me to stop taking Zantac and start taking Prilosec, which I ve done and I ve been taking the Prilosec for a week now. I m still feeling strange feelings in my chest. When I feel these spasms and pains I IMMEDIATELY think it s my heart, even though the last 3 times I thought it was my heart it wasn t my heart, how can I be SURE it s not my heart this time? I feel like I m crazy. I m trying to quit smoking. I m dieting. I got a Primary Care Physician and my appointment is on the 30th, so I hope she can help me too. Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009