I am suffering from recurrent UTI and i had pulmonary embolism. What is the best treatment for this ?

Hello Doctor , I am suffering from recurrent UTI for last 6 months. Urine culture showed infection and sensitivity test reported bacteria being resistant to most antibiotics . My doctor treated me with a 10 days course of antibiotics [Niftran]. However, after a month the problem resurfaced. Now the Gynaec has prescribed me ECOFLORA for 3 months a perennial wash. I have a history of pulmonary embolism. I am 31 years old, 5 3 and weight is 74. I would like to know what could be the reason for the recurrent infection and what is the best treatment.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Apr 2011