I am nervous to have my period

i am in 6th grade, i am nervous to have my period. i already know my mom had her period in the 6th grade and said mine would come soon. i have had white discharge since the begining of 5th grade i have pretty big breasts and some pubic hair.when i do get it who should i tell first my mom or my bff? how should i tell my mom. how did some of you tell your mom. the white discharge sometimes causes my underwear sticks ro my private does that mean anything. tell me everything you know about when it comes close to your period.please help me!!!!
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
ummm i screamed for my mum and she came running to the toilet! ahahaha! white discharge is normal, though you have to be careful to clean your privates cuz yeast infections can occur. this is when the discharge turns a different color, maybe yellow and can start smelling like cheese. itchiness is also a symptom. but again, the white discharge is normal. also, the stickiness can be just sweat, because it gets sweaty down there as well. so that's normal. just change you underwear daily or a couple of times a day. it's not really that scary...if you're not scared of blood...which i sorta have a fear of...most embarsassing moment for me was fainting in health class because the teacher was talking about periods....hehe