I am loosing my hair above the forehead, plz help me

hi doctor ,I am surya. I am at the age of 22 and started loosing my hair above the forehead...(mean where we take partitions) plz help me,,,
Asked On : Mon, 17 Jan 2011
hi surya, do u have any family history of hair loss? what have u been using? are u on any medication? u may have what is called as male pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia. it is treatable.
hi doctor,
yes i agree that its heredity. My baldness is not shown very much..But i cud identify the gaps....wats the remedy.....and i use almond mixed with olive oil for my hair....and i use matrix BIOLACE shampoo....

Dermatologist Dr. Resham J. Vasani (Bhojani)'s  Response
u need to be seen as to what amount of hair loss u have and grade it. u need to start minoxidil solution 5% , 1 ml to be applied twice a day.u ll have to use it as drops to be applied overthe balding area. the effects will take some time to be seen, that is approximately 4 months, but u need to use it continuously.there are other medications that also need to be started but cant be started until certain blood investigations are done.