I am having symptoms like dizziness, lightheaded and feel weird with rising heartbeat. Are these the symptoms of panic attacks ?

Am I really having panic attacks or is it something else? I am 32 years old, and female. I was told by my obgyn that I was having panic attacks. I started getting these dizzy feelings like I may pass out when I was pregnant . Blood sugar was fine, bp was fine. I am still getting the feelings, 17 months later, but they seem to be getting worse. I only get the panic feeling after I experience the other symptoms first. This is the order in which I usually get the symptoms: first, I feel weird, like somethings not right, then, I get dizzy, or lightheaded, I get hot, heart rate rises, then I panic because I think something is really wrong and I may hit the floor! I sometimes feel hot first, but usually it happens the same. I m just not sure that what is going on is a panic attack because the panic seems to come afterwards?? Lately, it has escalated to feelings like I am moving when I know I am not, and the other day, I was shaking my head no and when I stopped, my eyes felt like they were still moving back and forth. Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Mar 2011