I am having power in my eyes one is 0 and one is -1. Is it amblyopia ?

I am having a power of 0 in one eye and -1 in the other. Is it amblyopia?
Asked On : Mon, 23 May 2011
Treatment/Therapy
HELLO,
AMBLYOPIA DEVELOPS WHEN POWER OF ONE eye is more than 4-5 D IN CASES OF MYOPIA.
YOU ARE NOT AMBYLOPIC
BY
General & Family Physician Dr. Vaishali Hebbar's  Response
Hello welcome to Healthcare Magic.........
No its not amblyopia, its anisometropia- means different powers in different eye.
If you do not correct this anisometropia then the eye with refractory error of -1 may become amblyopic after some time.
So dont worry get it corrected either by wearing glasses or contact lens.
Amblyopia means the brain stops sensing signals from that particular eye , so it turns out to be equivalent to being blind on that side.