I am having high serum calcium and low vitamin D, how can i handle it ?

I am from saudi Arabia. On a routine blood test I found that was done on 03 July, 2011 it was found that my serum total calcium level was high at 10.8mg/dl and vitamin D was very low at 8.93ng/ml. The last blood test which was done in 23rd June, 2010 last year revealed calcium at 9.7mg/dl and was normal. I am really worried over this. From browsing online I found out that it could ne mild hyperparathyroidism . There are not many doctors here who understand this hyperparathyroidism issue. They insist on taking more vitamin D supplements to bring up the D level. But I am afraid it will increase my serum calcium as well. Pls tell me which is the best way I should handle this issue with my doctors.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jul 2011