I am having diarrhea for 5 days and medicines are not helping. Should I consult a doctor ?

I have had diarrhea for 5 days now...the watery stools are gone, but still very loose. Initially suspected food poisining, but don t think it s the case (no one else got sick). Seems to hit me mostly during the early morning hours...3am or so. No real cramping, just discomfort. Pepto and other anti-diarrhea meds aren t helping. Is this just a bug that needs to run its course or do I need meds from the doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Apr 2011