I am having a pain after gallbladder surgery

hi im 23 yrs old i had gallbladder surgery and im in severe pain and its worse even before i had the surgery please help
Asked On : Sun, 21 Nov 2010
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Are you having pain in the right side of the abdomen. Is there any nausea, vomiting, loose stools, jaundice. You need to consult with your Doctor to rule out biliary leak from the surgical site. Avoid fatty, oily food. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Keep well hydrated. Do not delay in consulting your Doctor.
I'm sorry to hear that. I had my gall bladder removed and also was in SEVERE pain afterwards - turns out I was leaking bile into my abdomen, which is a risk of the surgery. That might be what's wrong with you. If your doctors haven't already figured it out (it took mine a while...) tell them and see if they can put a stint in the tube between your liver and your stomach.

Also be sure to eat every two or three hours. This will put something in your stomach to absorb the bile that's no longer being caught by your gall bladder. Not eating causes some bad pains too.

Hope you're feeling better!