I am going through irregular bleeding. My stomach hurts a little. Is it normal ?

i had my period 2 weeks ago and now im bleeding again but brown why I went off my period last week and now I have started bleeding again. I had twins by c-section 12 weeks ago. I got my period for the first time on july 4, it lasted about 10 days. Now I am bleeding again. It is bright red blood . I noticed it when I went to the bathroom and wiped. It looked like period blood, but it doesn t smell like period blood. I noticed a few little blood clots on the paper and in the toilet too. I am on birth control but haven t taken them in two days. My stomach and side hurts a little somewhat like a cramp pain. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jul 2011
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
wecome to HCM
post delivery return of periods may b irregular n delayed due to effect of lactation on hormone balance. But r u sure it is menses. If u pads blood during stools only then it cud b a bleeding piles which too is common after any case the cramps n bleeding if persist for 2 more days then its best to visit ur gynaec for further treatment.if it stops or u r sure it is menses only then no need to worry.