I am getting a symptom of reddish bumps on back of neck and am 20 years old. Is this infection ?

Hi, I m a 20 year old female. Four days ago I came down with the fever and general weakness. When that passed off, I had really bad sore throat- more so to the left side. It pains A LOT to swallow normally, as well as when I eat or drink, this went on for the past two days, upon looking closer i observed some redish bumps to the back of my throat. So I m worried if its an infection, and not sure it will go away on its own or if I need to go to a Doctor .
Asked On : Sun, 22 May 2011