I am addicted to coffee. How can i kick off this habit?

Would like to know some thing like I have been taking coffee for the past 20 years now I feel that without the coffee in the morning I cannot go to the toilet. I need coffee every day without which I cannot do any thing, kind of like addicted to coffee so is there any thing like addiction to coffee and how I can kick off this habit.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Oct 2009
Caffeine the most widely used psychoactive drug in the world. Addiction to caffeine is highly personalized; and the effects of caffeine and the intoxication dose vary from individual to individual. Rarely fatal, symptoms may include anxiety, insomnia, tremors, fever, rapid heartbeat (tachycardia), and hyperventilation (tachypnea). Death due to caffeine has been reported due to Ventricular Fibrillation. Caffeine tolerance occurs as the modified (adenosine) receptors in the brain may not be as susceptible to effects of the stimulant. Caffeine withdrawal symptoms (mimic Benzodiazepines and alcohol) from heavy use typically begin within 24 hours of caffeine cessation, ranging from headache, fatigue, irritability, & anxiety. Treatment for caffeine addiction needs to incorporate a varied approach including nutrition and complete cessation of any caffeine whether over a period of time or abruptly. Something that is in the process of experimentation is juice fasting. Claims suggest that it works with all substances, of addiction potential but best results have been seen in caffeine addiction. Hypnosis has been a time tested method. At this time the treatment for caffeine addiction is sparse yet support groups and counseling may be effective.