I HAve been having chest pains forever and they do come on when exercising sometimes, kindly help

I've been having chest pains forever and they do come on when exercising sometimes, not always. Please help! I have been diagnosed with panic disorder , generalized anxiety disorder , and post traumatic stress disorder and I was always really worried that something was wrong with my heart, despite numerous medical work ups. My doctor says the pain in my chest and arms is from muscle tension.But here s my question. I sometimes get chest pains when coming up my stairs to the third floor. Then, I can do a half an hour aerobic video with no discomfort at all. It s strange. Do you think that sometimes its anticipatory anxiety or is walking up three flights of stairs with about 10 bags of groceries more taxing to your heart then a low impact, but longer aerobic exercise? I m just wondering what the cause is and if it s all in my head or not. Any input?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009