Hyperthyroidism. Lost weight, terrible symptoms. Was on methimazole. Remove thyroid, thoughts?

I am a 34 year old female. I have been battling hyperthyroidism on and off for 5 years or so. I was put on methimazole for 9 wks and it brought my tsh to .97, they then took me off it to see how I did and with in 4 wks it went from .97 to .53. I am currently not on any meds. I am really thinking about having my thyroid removed. I have such terrible symptoms when in the hyper state i never want to go through that again. I have three kids and a full time job. I lost 15 pounds in a matter of 2-3 weeks when this all happened. I am now eating a ton and can not gain any weight. I am 5'2 and weigh 106 pounds. what are your thoughts on this situation? Also the methimazole afftected my stomach and made me very nauseous. Thank you for your response,
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013