Hyper-extended elbow. Severe pain while picking, gripping things. Possibility of muscle, ligament damage, treatment?

Hi, I have hyper extended my elbow about 8-10 weeks ago and have largely rested it since but the pain when gripping or picking anything up (even as light as a pillow) is still quite severe. It feels like the muscles or ligaments that are damaged in the beck of the elbow near the funny bone . I m not sure what course of action to take next, any advice would be gratefully received! thanks
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012