Hurt my knee, bone bruised, feel a gap above the knee cap, no much pain or swelling. Treatment?

Playing indoor soccer last night my left kneecap banged into an opponents kneecap. It hurt a bit and feels like it might be slightly bone bruised, but what is weird is that when I slightly bend my leg there feels like there is an indentation or a gap directly above my kneecap which is not there on my right knee. Pain is not severe, I would say like a bone bruise. Range of motion and ability to bear weight is not an issue. There is not much swelling (slight swelling according to my wife) and not much bruising .
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013