Hurt knee after a fall. Stopped stirrups. Why is it getting purple?

Hello, about six months ago I fell in the kitchen where I work and hurt my knee , I couldn t put weight on it for about a month and then once it started to feel better I hit it on the corner of a wall pretty hard and it was swollen and bruised so I then hit it on a drawer the next day. I also ride horses and this particular knee has always hurt if it was in the stirrup for too long. After all the bumps, it started to hurt alot more in the stirrup to the point that I had to stop using stirrups all together. About a month ago, I noticed at large bump on my knee and yesterday it started to bruise and now its getting larger and is very purple with a white spot in the center. Any idea what this could be and how I treat it?
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012