Huge blood clot on thighs. Should i continue using steroid cream ?

Hi, I am a 63 year old post-menopausal woman. About 5 years ago, I was diagnosed with lichen sclerosus (confirmed by a biopsy).I use a steroid cream (Halobestasol Propionate Cream 0.05%) vaginally. It seems to have spread to my thighs. I get bumps and blood clots form under the skin . Right now I have a HUGE blood clot (as long as a dollar bill but wider). I believe this was caused by being on my feet for a long time yesterday and carrying some heavy boxes. I just want to know how serious this is. Is it okay to use my steroid cream on it? I usually get some help using A & D ointment. Thanks for your help.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Jun 2011