Hrt during an accident, now has deformed xiphoid process. Is there any good treatment for this problem ?

I'm an attorney who has a client hurt at work when struck very forcefully by a come-along with chain in stomach area, just below his right ribs. he had partial removal of intestines & had ventral hernia that resulted. In addition since the accident which occurred over 2 yrs ago, he has swelling & pain in stomach where struck anytime he is active & after he eats. He's been told by his doctors that he now has a deformed xiphoid process. They further indicate that surgery is not good option & that he needs to seek pain management treatment to learn to live with it. He is a 53 yr old boilimaker who did very heavy hard work. He enjoyed his work. He's been told he'll never be able to return to that type of work. Is there any specialist in Ohio who could evaluate as a second opinion as his current physicians don't seem to know much about treatment of xiphoid process?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013