How to treat irregular periods. Unable to have child. Taking modus 10 and walapharage -SR 500

My wife have mestrual problems. she is having iregular periods , some times after two months. sometime . after one month like this. and some times the bleeding will not stop until consult doctor & ge t medicine. lastly doctor give modus 10 and walapharage -SR 500 for one month . it is good medication? or any other treatment to cure the desease. we got marrie d before two yeasrs. and still we don have child?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
From the description, I understand that your wife is experiencing hormone imbalance and she needs a complete work up to know the exact cause and also to plan further management since you are anxious to conceive. Modus is a progestogen and Walapharage is metformin used in the treatment of insulin resistance. These medications are safe to use and are indicated in the treatment of hormone imbalance caused by polycystic ovaries. Also, weight management and regular exercise are needed. Hope this helps.