How to remove unwanted hair without any side effect?

hi doctor! i m 22 years old and i want to remove unwanted hair . can you please tell me how to remove unwanted hair without any side effect?
Asked On : Wed, 11 May 2011
which part of the body do you have these unwanted hair. are they coarse or fine.
Coarse hair; face- laser, armpits- laser, hand'legs- waxing or creams

Fine hair; face- eflornithine cream

also get yourself checked for PCOS
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Please take help from cosmetic dermatologist.There are various options available like laser removal etc.Laser removal is effective and gives good long term effect without much side effects.bye.
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,

Excess of facial and body hair can be removed by various methods --depends you want a permanent method or temporary .Facial and body hair can be because of idiopathic reason(i.e. no exact cause) ,to hormonal (as in Poly-cystic ovary disease ) or thyroid cases...rarely it can also be because of some topical creams or oral tablets .Its important to diagnose the cause first .
The best of the treatment is lasers which is a permanent treatment (strictly speaking long term) .Laser hair reduction requires multiple sessions at an interval of say 4-6wks.It is safe an effective...but you should go for it only if you have thick or moderately thick hair.Very fine hair may not show good result.Blonde or gray hair also don't respond to lasers. result also depends upon which laser machine you are going for.There are three basic types of lasers used --1) IPL(intense pulse light) 2) Nd:yag laser 3) Diode laser.

The best of the lot is diode laser which is costly but very effective .The worst would be a IPL (which is actually not even a laser)
Other methods which i am sure you are aware of are waxing ,threading and bleaching .Selection depends upon which area you want to go for.These are done in beauty parlors.But remember don't take laser treatments from any beauty parlor,prefer a laser clinic run by a dermatologist. Creams are also available to remove hair but they are esp used for legs and arms and are very temporary.

Kindly let me know where you belong to so that i can suggest you a good laser clinic.
take care,