How to get rid of masturbation addiction ?

i have masturbation addict. im 16 now . please help me to leave that.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jul 2011
HI dear, thanks for contacting the healthcaremagic. Masturbation is normal in your age, the adoloscence age. To say masturbation to be addictive I need to know the details of frequency, context, any other general features of addiction as per psychiatric classification. Moreover, in our indian society, a common mis-belief is that doing masturbation is a bad thing and this you would be hearing from your near and dears, so that even if your masturbation is within the frame work of normality, you tend to think that you have been addicted, you have side effects of masturbation etc. Overall, I dont feel to be worried, but if your worry is too much, better to consult a psychiatrist and discuss it. Good luck.