How to get rid of irregular periods and related complications ?

I took the morning after pill in august, the period after that was a full 7 days which I read on the box that a longer cycle is possible, up until last month my period has been normal. I am 17, and last month I got my period either april 14th or 15th in school and it came normally for the first few days then after the 3rdmorning it was light, and I had brown discharge and it lasted 7 days. I was either due for my period yesterday or today but I don t have it get, however I have sore breasts, mild cramps every once in awhile, and headaches . Me and my partner do not have unprotected sex but he did rub his junk on my lady part about 2 hours later, I did some research and there could be more reasons why I haven t gotten it yet. Crazy weight gain , alot of stress with school, ect. But its never a bad idea to be to careful Please help!
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012
A home pregnancy test is accurate if done correctly. Use first morning urine. Be sure to read the test at the correct time specified on the packeage insert. If you are due for your period today and do not have it yet, that does not constitute a missed period. A period can be up to a week late for no medical reason at all and not a cause for concern.
General & Family Physician Dr. Kimberly Martin's  Response
Hello and welcome to

Amenorrhea can have many causes such as stress and large weight loss, but the first issue to rule out is pregnancy. Even if your boyfriend just "rubbed his junk" on you, you can get pregnant. Pre-ejaculate does contain sperm thus it is possible for you to be pregnant. I would advise that you see a physician for a blood pregnancy test.

Be well,
Dr. Kimberly