How should I tell my mom that I got my period ?

I am 14 and yesterday i got a brown spot in my undies and same with last night and when i wipes i saw pinkish red. I dont know how to tell her i got my period. How did you tell your mom?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
I think I was like, "Hey, mom. I think I got my period and I need some pads." And she went and got me some pads. She told me to keep pads and a change of underwear in my bag in case my period started while I was away from home, and to put some kind of mark on my calendar so I could keep track of my cycle. It was not even close to being as uncomfortable as I thought it would be. You're 14 and female. Your mom is not going to be shocked that you got your period. When you grow up and look back at the whole period thing, it's actually way less embarrassing than it seemed at the time. It's totally normal for you to have a period. So tell your mom the same way you'd tell her something completely normal, like if you were out of toothpaste or you needed a new backpack.