How much does an angioplasty cost and do doctors check for patient health conditions before an angioplasty ?

Hi, My Mother expired 15 days back due to heart problem. I need little clarification about heart problem. My mother age was 50, on 1st April we had some family problem, she got fainted, we took to hospital, (she is diabetic patient), we thought it could be becz of diabetic problem but Dr. told us it looks like heart attack u should take her to Jayadeva Hospital - Bangalore, we took her to that hospital. In that hospital they told us, she had got attack 2 months back itself, now it is not attack but her condition was little worst that night, after 2 days she was ok but she had too much of tiredness . They gave few tablets & discharged & they said Angeogram is not required right now but her heart has become little weak. After weeks time also, she had too much of tiredness, then we took her to Fortis Hospital - Bangalore, there Dr. said, blood circulation is not proper due to her heart functions has low, he gave few tablets & said angeogram needs to be done, once she becomes ok, later he told us to do kidney test, sugar test. In test report, her sugar gone too high, Diabetic dr. suggested to take insulin but she rejected, hence dr. told to take few tablets for sugar. We took the report to Fortis hospital - Dr, he said now u should do angeogram, we did the same, in the report, she had two blocks - one is major & one is minor. Dr. Said this can be cured in Angeoplast if not will do By-pass surgery . After 4 days, they did Angeoplast on the same day, they did not kept her under observation for single day also & shifted her to ICU, she got too much of chest pain , we informed the same to Dr. Dr. told us we need to cut the branch, then she will be ok, he said & again they took her to Operation theater, after 1 hrs time, they called & said, her condition has become critical, & they said her heart beat was not there for few seconds, we did massage they told, again after 1 hrs time, they said her body condition is weak thats why it is happened & after 30 mins they told her pulse rate has gone up, now will keep her under observation for 2 days & will shifting her to ICU they said. After shifted to ICU, just 5 mins later they said, her condition is worst, after that Drs were not there to inform us she died, ward boy told us she died. After her death, in Receiption they told, they have used two stents - so we need to pay extra amount. Finally we paid them 3,48,000/- just for 1 day that to for failure My questions are: 1. Will it really cost so much amount for Angeoplast 2. Whether Dr s have done mistake, why they took her again to operation theater 2nd time & they said Branch needs to be cut, but what they did exactly 3. Dr. Should first see whether patient has withstanding power to do angeoplast, how they can do without that, when i asked him, he said will do on assumption basis, how he can do on assumption basis. 4. Why they have used two stents, that looks like they have done mistake 5. just for money purpose they are doing is it all these 6. Pulse rate gone up they said & how within 5 mins she will die, it looks like she would have died few hrs before itself, & they have done drama not to take blame on them
Asked On : Tue, 31 May 2011