How long will one having esophagus cancer with brain tumor live ?

Yes, my husband has esophogus cancer with mets to brain. most of the esophogus was removed in 2009. No recurrence. However the brain tumor will not go away. Removed surgically twice, radiated twice and oral chemo (temodor) did not work. Last treatment was Feb 2012 with another intravenous chemo and chemo pills.............2 weeks before 2nd treatment he had a very bad seizure . Round up in hospice. Doctors all agreed that no more treatments are advisable. I m just wondering how long he will have to linger in the state of partial vegetation......can t walk without assistance, doesn t want to eat much. Acting weirder by the day, mean to me, delusional. How much longer does he and family have to suffer? Doc that put him in hospice said days but now I m hearing weeks, even months.
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012