How long will it take for the chalazion to reappear after the surgery?

Hi Everyone,I have had an incision and curretage since there was a chalazion in the upper lid of my right eye.Its over four weeks now and the chalazion has decreased in thickness and has expand a bit but it is in the same place . When I met an opthmologist two days ago at the hospital,he examined my eye and said that the surgeon has well performed the operation and he also told me that it depends upon the patient for the chalazion to disappear and also it can come up after a month.And outside on my eyelid,there is a long brown mark over the chalazion!!At first,I thought that the surgeon might have missed the chalazion and hence made a cut above the chalazion and not in the chalazion!!Can anyone suggest how much time will the chalazion take to dissapear completely after its surgery as in my case its over 4 weeks now and also the chalazion is still there??And when does a chalazion reappear after its first surgery!!
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jul 2011