How long does the abdominal pain last after the insertion of Mirena ?

I am a 29 year old female with 2 children 8 & 10. I have had sever menstrual problems since having my children and my gynecologist suggested that I try the mirena, so I was fitted last Friday, well I was in pain all weekend (feeling like I was having contractions) Monday I went to work and about 8:30 that morning I was doubled over in pain and left work and went straight to my gynecologist she then told me that it made me go into false labor and that I was literally trying to push it out. Well she put a new one in about 2 hours after having the other one completely removed. I have been having pains still and some very severe in my lower back, how long will these last?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011