How long can a person live after being diagnosed with cancer ?

My sister had a very large tumor from anal cancer last winter. She got treatment at AAAAAAA Kettering, and they were able to get rid of it through aggressive radiation and some chemo . But there was bad news a month ago, after her last follow up CAT scan - the cancer has spread into her liver and some lymph nodes near her stomach. The doctors gave her no hope, and said all they could do would be give her chemo to try and help prolong her life. She s leaning towards not taking the chemo, because she wants to enjoy what time she has without the downsides of chemo. My question: how much longer can we expect her to live?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Feb 2012