How can urinary tract infections be treated in infants ? Does my child have UTI or a fungal infection ?

Treatment and diagnosis for urinary tract infection of my 11 month make baby my child is 11 months old. he is diagnosed with urinary tract infection on 8th of july 2011. Initially doc had prescribed Mahacef dry syrup and T-bact ointment for 5 days. on 9th urine sample was provided to the hospital and report was given to me today (14th July 11). Doc had told me that he is having fungal infection . What i realized from internet is that probably Mahacef will not be enough to treat him. i want your suggestion. please help me.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jul 2011