How can i get the diet plan to increase my weight ?

My age is 24 .I m male . Actually my height is 5.9 but weight is 49kg only .Please give a suggestion to gain my weight.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Jun 2011

Welcome to HCM.
In this Era, when people are desperately trying to reduce weight and spending quite a substantial amount for it, here we have you who wants to put on weight.
Body size is to a great extent decided by genetic factors. You do not have to try to put on weight, because most of our present day diseases are related to obesity (Over weight).
What is necessary is to make sure that there is no underlying disease which is preventing you from gaining weight. Once that is cleared then you have nothing to worry.
If you still prefer to put on weight, if you are non-veg., then eat egg and meat which are rich in protein. If you are Vegetarian, then eat pulses like Rajma, which has a high protein content, and drink a glass of milk daily. Don't forget to eat fresh green vegetables and fruits as well. You may also use ghee liberally in your meals.