How can i cure from small hard lump at the back of my neck ?

i have a small hard lump at the back of my neck hi ! i have a small hard lump at the back of my neck , below my left ear between the hairline. im 24 years old, I just noticed it two days ago. after comingv home from work. i don t know if its serious or what . but i am really scared , hope you could help me . i tried to search the net of what might be the reason for it, at first i assume it might be a lymph node. but upon reading some information about lymph node, it seems not , since some of the description for lymph nodes doesnt match like e.g a kind of lump ( reddish in color and moves if you touch it ). but the lump at the back of head doesnt move and it not color red as well , it is also hard. it s not painful unless you put pressure on it. I m starting to worry what it might be, scared that it might be cancerous. i hope you could help me , tnx
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jul 2011