How can I reduce the pain resulting due to clavicle fracture years ago and live like a normal person ?

I am 22 years old and broke my collar bone severly when I was 16. I have always had aches and pains that come and go in various intensities,but recently the pain has progressed to a point where it is effecting my sleep and many other things. I am very active and have not been able to perform as well as normal, I get shortness of breath , and sometimes the pain gets to a point where i have to stop whatever I m doing and tAke a breather. I stretch it regularly and have my girlfriend massage it, but that only offers very temporary relief. Whenever i move my left shoulder there is a grinding, cracking, and popping that can be very painful. There is so much tightness in my arm pit I am afraid to touch it sometimes. What are my options for living with this injury? It has got to the point where it is noticeably affecting my life for the worse.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Jun 2011