How can I be a good listener ?

I get anger when people dislike my words whether it is right or wrong. I have got the habit of talking to myself/scold others. Is it serious problem? Should i consult any doctor ? I am heart patient with cholestol problem also, i am 95 kgs ( 56yrs)
Asked On : Thu, 23 Jun 2011
Hi Renuka,

Welcome to HCM.
It is perfectly normal to get angry when some one disagrees with us. It is a normal human nature. What is required is to learn to control our anger. The first step is to realize that our emotional response is not correct, for which we repent later. Our anger and irritation increases when we have a very stress full situation.
Try to do some meditation, learn to smile with every one whether we like that person or not. Smile does not cost us any thing and we do not loose any thing but the gain from it is tremendous. Even our enemies will learn to smile back, and in the process all our accumulated tension will disappear and with it our anger will also vanish.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
I observed one point that you know your weakness that you can speak wrong words or scolds others.this is great thing in you.
This anger might be due to manopausal syndrome when there is hot flushes and irritability is there due to hormonal changes.
You do Yoga and meditations.
Attend Manopausal clinic for your problem.
Ok and bye.