Hot flashes, night sweats. Hysterectomy done. HRT taken, on OTC estroven supplement with black cohosh. Advise?

I am 56 years old this month. I had a complete hysterectomy in June of 2009. I am still having terrible hot flashes and night sweats. I took Hrt for 3 years but my physician said that I should only take it for a year r so and wean myself off sinc I am at the he where nature was taking its own course anyway. I have a full time job and have public interaction and the hot flashes get rather embarrassing. I break out in a "full beads on your forehead" sweat.
Do you ha e any theories on how long they will continue to last or if there is an end in sight?
I am currently taking an OTC estroven supplement with black cohash which may or may not be helping a little.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013