Hit nose and head area on a wall. Now its sore and swollen. Suggestion?

I hit my nose and head area pretty hard on a wall ( total accident) and it is swollen a little and I have very little to a lot of pressure between and around my eyes. I had seen my new physician and she told me that I may have cracked my nose, or its just bruised and swollen to take advil and put ice on it. How would I know if there may be a fracture or crack for sure? The nose area is not as sore and painful as my headaches are.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012