History of small bowel obstructions. Had small bowel resection and gall bladder removal. Why does Zofran help?

I have a history of SBO for many years now. I have had one small bowel resection (last year). I also had my gall bladder removed a few months later. 4 months after that I have another obstruction that required hospitalization but no surgery. For months after that I continued to have small obstructions that I would manage at home. In June of this year I again had to have surgery for hernia repair . While the surgeon was in there he found that my cecum was flopping around and needed to be tacked down. He also had to untangle 2 sections of my small intestine . I was wonderful after that surgery up until this past week. I have begun to have, what seem to feel like, obstructions again (3 in the last 7 days). However, I am able to manage at home as long as I have zofran. No one can explain to me why zofran is able to help. It always has, even in the hospital. I don t even know what to do anymore and I feel like my doctor doesn t either. He just wants me to stay home and manage. He makes sure that I have whatever zofran I need. I have seen a GI specialist and have every test imaginable run and everything always comes back normal. I don t even know where to turn but I am now fearful of food, again. Any suggestions???
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012