History of lumbar back injuries, sequestered herniated disk, numb thigh. What could be done?

I am 64 and have a long history of lumbar back injuries/problems including stenosis and degenerative disc disease. 2 months ago my L2L3 disc sustained a sequestered herniation. I've been in PT for 3 weeks. I've recovered from the pain but my right thigh remains numb, stinging upon exertion, and I can't lift that leg higher than 3 inches. My therapist has been working to strengthen my core muscles and performs traction to create space in the L2L3 area. What activities should I avoid? I'm currently using a cane for stability due to the leg weakness.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013